Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Surgery Countdown

August 31, 2011
We are all set!  Surgery will take place on September 29th at 7am!  We will be on the countdown until surgery day….in only 29 days Gary will have a new kidney!!  Gary & I are both very nervous but so excited!  I wanted to share something amazing that only God could do.  I received this comment on my blog the other day:
 Vanessa,
I have been reading your blog since you started writing it. There are few blogs out there that explain the process from beginning to end. I really appreciate you writing each day. The reason I am commenting is because I am also donating a kidney! I started back in June and it has been a long process just to get approved. I have had to redo several tests and additional tests. I found out Friday afternoon that the committee had approved me for surgery and that my surgery date is scheduled for September 29! I could not believe my eyes when I saw your blog this afternoon. I truly believe that God has placed your blog in my path because when I felt so alone or hopeless, I was able to read your blogs and your scriptures and that got me through the waiting! Thank you so much for your inspiration through your words. By the way.... we will be at the same hospital in Dallas at Baylor! Val is also my coordinator! It is truly what I considered a Godly plan! Maybe we can meet! I would love that!
Thanks again,
Dana
Needless to say I was blown away by this!  I feel that God makes no mistakes, it is not by mistake that He crossed mine & Dana’s paths! As Dana said, it’s “a Godly Plan”, and I feel so blessed to be a part of the amazing plan!  Dana & I have been emailing each other & I cannot wait to meet her!  I am so thankful that God has brought me a friend to share this experience with.  Dana is also donating to a friend who has been on dialysis for about 3 years.  Please add Dana & her recipient, Jennifer, to your prayer list! 
My new favorite quote: “Let go and let God”

No comments:

Post a Comment