Monday, August 15, 2011

News from the Transplant Committee

August 15, 2011
After a long weekend spent waiting for a phone call, I FINALLY got a call from Val at the Transplant Center around noon today.  She said I need to have my TB test re-done, if it comes back good then I am cleared for surgery!!!!!  My current TB test was done at work about a year ago and will expire at the end of this month.  I am scheduled to have a new TB test done at work tomorrow; it will take 3-4 days for the results.  I am really not concerned about this test…..I am certain that I do not have TB.  So, I can almost say with certainty that I will be able to donate my kidney to Gary!!  Praise God!!!!  Val also informed me that Gary & I are a 3 out of 6 compatible match!  This is actually really good; typically non-related donors are a 1, maybe 2 out of 6.  She seemed surprised to see that Gary & I are a 3 out of 6, she said this is an excellent match!!  God makes no mistakes!! 
I will keep everyone updated on the results of my TB test.  In the meantime, please be in prayer for Gary.  Please pray that his body accepts my kidney and it’s a complete success!
Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Psalms 25:4

No comments:

Post a Comment