Friday, August 19, 2011

Cleared for Surgery

August 19th
Cleared for Surgery
Great News……We are cleared for surgery!!!!!!   My TB test came back negative & we are now ready to schedule a surgery date!  I gave my transplant coordinator 2 dates that would work well for me, September 29th or October 6th.  (From what I understand, transplant surgery at Baylor is only done on Thursdays)  So, my transplant coordinator has put in a request to the Doc to schedule surgery on September 29th.  She said it may take a few days to hear back, she will let me know for sure, probably next week. 
I have a flood of emotions today!  I have been praying & preparing for this & was fairly certain It would all work out.  However actually hearing the words, “You are cleared for surgery!  When would you like to schedule?”  Makes it all seem so real….. .I just keep thinking this is really happening!?  I am excited, relieved, scared, & nervous all at the same time!  Most importantly I am so happy that Gary will finally have a new kidney!  Thank you all for your prayers!!
Praise the LORD! Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.  Psalm 106:1

1 comment:

  1. Great news!!! I am feeling all those emotions for you! Praise God, he is SO so good - What a wonderful blessing you are!!

    ReplyDelete