Friday, August 12, 2011

Waiting for the News

August 12, 2011
I woke up this morning with such a mix of emotions!  Today my test results will be presented to the Transplant Committee & they will decide if I can donate to Gary.  I probably won’t hear from them until Monday; but, still I am SO nervous today!  I am anxious, excited, and a little scared.  I woke up and immediately began praying.  I asked God to give me patience and peace while I wait for the decision.  I also asked that God’s will be done in my life & in Gary’s.  It’s amazing how time spent in prayer can bring such calmness over me.  I could hear God reminding me that this was in his hands.  I have faith that God’s plan for me is perfect!  I can only imagine what Gary and his family must be feeling right now.  I had someone ask me the other day about Gary’s health condition.  I realized, I only know that Gary has polycystic kidney disease & is on dialysis 3 days a week.  Most importantly, I know that Gary needs a kidney and God has given me two healthy ones!  I pray that I can donate and God will heal Gary’s body! 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

  1. I'll continue praying for you and Gary as you are awaiting the decision. I know you know this, but God will honor your faithfulness. I'm so proud to know you and call you a friend.

    -Tracy Dielmann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration! Praying for God's will to be done and for His favor and blessings for the decision!

    ReplyDelete