Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Update

August 10, 2011
Just wanted to give a quick update…… I spoke with Val, my transplant coordinator today.  She said all of my test results have come back & everything looks great!!  She did ask me something kind of strange……she wanted to know if I had been exposed to TB (tuberculosis)?  She said one of my TB test came back positive.  I had a required TB test done at work about a year ago & it was negative, I had my results faxed to the transplant center.  The TB test done at work was a traditional TB skin test.  The TB test done at the transplant center is a blood test.  Val said my chest x-ray looks good and they were not really all that concerned.  She told me the result of this test would most likely not be an issue or keep me from being a donor.  She also said it was possible it could be a “false positive”.  On a good note, she said the results of my GloFill procedure were 97.1%!  I am told this is very good!!  From what I understand, a healthy range is anything above 80%. 
Val told me that my test results are all set to be presented to the Transplant Committee on Friday.  She said I would most likely not hear anything until Monday, since the committee usually does not end their meeting until 5pm…..so I guess the wait continues!  Keep the prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment