Friday, August 26, 2011

In God's Hands

August 26, 2011
Well, I survived my arteriogram!  It really was not all that bad.  I arrived at Baylor around 6am and was checked in to day-surgery.    Brad had to stay home to get the boys to school, so I went to the hospital alone…….this made me very nervous!  First, I had blood drawn; my nerves were really getting to me.  I sat down in the lab & immediately felt God’s arms around me.  I looked up on the wall of the lab and noticed a dry erase board that the nurse had written on in bright orange, “Commit everything you do to the LORD.  Trust him and he will help you. Psalm 37:5” I wonder if the nurse knew what comfort that verse would bring me & hopefully others that day.  Next, I went across the hall to have my weight & vital signs taken, I looked on the nurses desk and noticed she had a framed sign that read, “Give it to God in prayer, he makes everything better.”  It was like God was reminding me that I was not alone, he was right by my side!   I was then taken to my room.  I was given an IV and tried to get comfy, in my not so comfy hospital bed.  Around 8am, my nurse got a call from Radiology saying they would not get to me until around 1130.  So, I had a couple of hours to watch TV and take a little nap in my room while I waited.  Finally around 1130, they took me to the Invasive Radiology Dept.  The radiology operating room looked like a normal OR only with a lot of screens for viewing pictures.  One of the radiologists looked at me and said, “You look very healthy, why are you having this procedure done.”  I told him about Gary and I immediately became very emotional.  I was thinking how much my heart goes out to Gary for having to suffer with kidney disease.  I became very concerned that this test would show something that would prevent surgery from happening….I so badly want to be able to help Gary.  Tears rolled down my face and the room full of very sweet men (yes, all of my care takers in the radiology dept were men) took turns bringing me tissues and wiping away my tears.  One of them even gave me a high-five and told me he would be praying for Gary & me.   It was time to begin the procedure, they gave me a “conscious sedative”, I was awake and able to talk during the entire procedure, and I just felt very relaxed.  I never felt anything, and it seemed to be over quickly.  Before I knew it I was back in my room, where I again was full of emotions.  I could not stop crying, thinking about the how amazing God is to bring me through this whole donor process.  He has taught me so much during this incredible journey.  Most of all he has taught me that He is always in control!  My wonderful husband, Brad, arrived shortly after the procedure was done and kept me company while I was on a 4hr bed rest in the hospital.  I was discharged around 4pm and was told to go home and continue bed rest for the remainder of the day.  Brad was great in taking care of the boys, dinner, and waiting on my every call…….Thank You Brad!!  I was able to go to work today, but did not make it all day.  I was very sore and felt light headed, so I came home early and took a long nap.  I am going to take it easy this weekend and wait to hear from the transplant center.  I spoke with my transplant coordinator, Val, today and she said the results of my procedure along with our requested surgery dates were sent over to the Doctor today.  We should have a decision and hopefully a surgery date by Monday.  Please pray that God’s plan will continue to fall into place.  As Christy reminded me today, “It’s all in God’s Hands!”
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous!  Do not tremble or be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9


1 comment:

  1. I love how God showed Himself to you through the day!! Praying for good results and for peace for you and God's plan =)

    ReplyDelete