Wednesday, September 7, 2011

God's Timing

September 7, 2011
Surgery is only 22 days away and I am feeling a little overwhelmed!!  I am trying to keep up with everything else going on in my life right now.  The boys are in 1st and 3rd grade this year & keeping us very busy with baseball and Cub Scouts.  I work part-time in Simply Mom’s, an outpatient lactation center at Baylor and I also teach Childbirth and Infant CPR classes.  My fall semester began last week; I am taking 3 classes this semester.  I have submitted my application to the nursing program at UT Arlington and should receive a decision by November.  Some of you may be wondering, “Why are you donating a kidney right now?”  Or, “does she really need to add anything else to her busy life?”  Believe me, at times I feel like there is NO WAY I can handle all of this!  But, God quickly reminds me that he is in control!  I step back and think, as crazy as my life may be right now, I’m sure it’s nothing compared to the burden Gary has carried for the last couple of years with his kidney disease!  I believe that we all get caught up in our own little worlds.  For me, I know that I am meant to reach out and help Gary right now.  I know that God’s timing is perfect!!  I have faith that God will carry me through even when I feel like I can’t handle it!
I appreciate all of the prayers as we continue to prepare for surgery!
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.  Psalm 55:22
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment