Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Peace of God Transcends All Understanding

September 29, 2011
Just wanted to give a quick update, I have an appointment scheduled Monday with a Hepatologist (liver doc).  I am still waiting to have an ultrasound and lab work scheduled.  We are praying that all tests can be done and come back fine next week.  If so, we could be rescheduled for surgery as early as Thursday.  But, as we are learning this will all happen on God’s time.  I am a bit of a controller and I like for things to be very planned out.  I have to admit, this is a challenge for me to give up control and allow God to fully work in my life!  Today was a bit of a struggle for me.  Every time I looked at the clock, I would think what would have been happening at that moment had surgery taken place as planned.  I know Gary is meant to have my kidney…...just not today.  We have to allow God’s plan to fall into place in His own time!
Gary shared some amazing scriptures with me that have brought him comfort today.  Jeremiah 29:11-13, Romans 8:26-28, Psalm 42, Psalm 46, and the last verse:
Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.   Philippians 4:4-7
While we may never fully understand the mysterious will of God, we must fully trust the will of our God!
I would also like to report that my sweet friend Dana’s surgery today was a success!  PRAISE GOD!! Jennifer’s new kidney is producing urine & functioning!  Jennifer and Dana are both doing well.  I am so thankful that God has blessed them with this miracle today!  Please continue prayers for them as they recover.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I can't wait to get to heaven when God will reveal to us His timing in our lives so we can see clearly what his good purpose was for our WAITING =) Good thing is, we know He has a purpose and a GOOD! Prayers for you always!

    ReplyDelete