Monday, October 24, 2011

2 Weeks Post Op

October 24, 2011
It has been a little over 2 weeks since surgery and things are great!  I had my follow up visit with my surgeon today.  He said everything looks good and I am cleared to go back to work.  I will return to work next week.  I can also begin some light exercise…Yeah!  However, I was told to hold off on running and weight lifting until after the Holidays.  I don’t quite feel like my old self yet, but I am feeling a little better every day.  I am still sore and have trouble getting comfortable at night.  I also have uncontrollable itching in my abdomen.  Yes….IN my abdomen, it is feeling that is hard to explain.  It feels like an itch deep inside that I cannot scratch….drives me crazy!!  And, I seem to get tired pretty easily.  I am sure it will take time to feel 100%, but overall I am feeling really good!
We had a busy weekend!  Ian’s 7th Birthday party was on Saturday.  He loves baseball and of course wanted a party at the batting cages.  He invited his entire baseball team, it was so much fun!  My sweet sister Sarah came in town a few days early to help me get everything ready for the party.  She was a HUGE help, I could not have done it without her!!  The day before the party, Sarah taxied me around to get some last minute things.  We went to several stores and I was getting pretty tired.  Sarah somehow talked me into riding on the electric scooter at Target…Ha-Ha!  Yes, I was a scooter person....still can’t believe I did that!  But, it did make for a nice shopping trip!  I was able to go back to church on Sunday.  I was so excited to worship and praise God for his amazing blessings!
Ian's Birthday Party


I am happy to report that Gary is also doing very well!  His creatine is down to 2.3!  He is still going in 3 days a week for check-ups.  He is looking forward to having his staples taken out very soon.  He is still sore, but feeling great!  I feel overwhelmed when I step back and think about God’s amazing love.  I read a quote today that is my new favorite, “Faith is not believing God can it is knowing that he will.”

No comments:

Post a Comment