Thursday, November 3, 2011

4 weeks Post-Op

November 3, 2011
It has now been 4 weeks since surgery and things are great!!  I started back to work this week; it feels so good to be back!  I still get tired pretty easily, but I am starting to feel like my old self again.  Gary is also doing really well.  His creatine is down to 2.1 (which is great!). Gary said his creatine levels have not been that low since he was about 18years old! He is also very happy to have all of his staples out.  Next week, he will begin going for doctor visits only once per week.  He is still sore, but overall he is feeling great. I know this is just the beginning of a new and exciting journey for Gary.  I will thank God daily for His faithfulness in healing Gary!
While I am so thankful that everything has been successful, I am still so deeply saddened by the thousands of people who are waiting for a transplant.  Every 10 minutes a new name is added to the waiting list for an organ transplant.  During this process, I have crossed paths with many people who are awaiting an organ transplant.  I have heard countless heartbreaking stories along the way.  I met a facebook friend, named Randy who has been on dialysis now for one year.  Through it all Randy remains positive and upbeat.  He is a big promoter of organ donation and is constantly sharing other people’s stories in the hopes of finding them a donor. I also learned of an amazing little boy named Zachary who received his first kidney transplant when he was only 11months old.  Now, at 6 years old his kidney is failing.  Over 600 people have been tested with no match found.  The doctors say Zachary has less than a 3% chance of finding a match.  But I am 100% sure that our God has a perfect match for Zachary and the countless others who are waiting.  While I may never be able to understand why some people have to face so many challenges and trials, I have peace in knowing that “All things work together for the good of those who love God.” Romans 8:28
 When I look back at this whole journey I am so overwhelmed.  I Wish I could explain how AMAZING it feels to have been a part of this.  I am not sure why God chose me, but I am so thankful that He did!  I have learned so many lessons along the way.  I have learned lessons in patience, faith, and friendship.  Most importantly, I have learned how to fully trust in my God!  I love knowing that God is always at work in me.  This has been such a rewarding experience, and my goal from here on out is to strive to have an open heart and follow Him daily.   
Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will reveal to them an abundance of peace and truth. (Jeremiah 33:6)




No comments:

Post a Comment