Monday, November 21, 2011

With Thanksgiving in my Heart

November 21,2011
Hard to believe six weeks have passed since surgery.  I am thrilled to report that everything is going great!  Gary is doing very well.  He is still going in for weekly doctor visits and his creatine is holding right around 2.0 (which is great)!  His new kidney seems to be functioning very well.  Gary is eager to begin working again; he is in the process of searching for a job.  I know God has the perfect job for Gary.  As for me, I am feeling completely back to normal.  I am honestly surprised how good I feel.  With the exception of my scar, I would not even know that I had surgery.   School has been taking up most of my time lately.  As, many of you know I have been waiting for months to hear whether or not I had been accepted into the nursing program at UTArlington.  Well, I finally got a letter in the mail this week; I have been put on a wait list.  It seems they had one of their largest application periods ever; almost 700 applicants and only 130 spots available!  I feel blessed to have even been put on a wait list.  They will let me know as soon as a spot opens up for me.  While this may not be my ideal situation……..If I have learned anything this year, it’s that everything will happen in God’s time! 
As Thanksgiving quickly approaches I have so many things to be thankful for!  The list could go on and on…….here are 5 things I am most thankful for:
I am thankful for my amazing husband who loves God and his family with his whole heart.  It was by no accident that Brad and I met.  I am certain God created Brad for me to love.
I am thankful for my beautiful children who remind me to stop and enjoy each day.  I am so blessed to be their mother.
I am thankful for my wonderful twin sister, who is my very best friend.  God knows I could not go through life without her.
I am thankful for prayer.  I truly believe in the power of prayer and I am thankful we serve a Mighty God who answers prayer.
I am thankful that God’s mercies are new each day!
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.  Psalm 118:1

No comments:

Post a Comment