Friday, October 14, 2011

1 week Post-Op

October 14, 2011
Well, it has already been one week since surgery.  Gary and I are both doing great!  The first 3 or 4 days after surgery were pretty rough.  I was in quite a bit of pain.  I was also dealing with a lack of appetite and nausea.  It’s amazing the difference a week makes; I am feeling so much better.  I am starting to get my appetite and my strength back.  I am also able to move around a lot better.  I am trying to take it easy and am starting to feel a little better every day. Gary seems to be recovering really well also!  He has appointments 3 days a week to make sure everything is functioning properly.  Gary’s creatine (waste product filtered out through the kidneys) is slowly going down.  Before surgery his level was at 9.9 and today is down to 3.5!  I think the Doctors wish it would come down a little faster. However, if we have learned anything in this process it’s that everything will happen in God’s time.  The important thing is that Gary’s new kidney is functioning!  I am certain that our Mighty God will continue to do His work & take care of the rest!
Just some “strange” things I have noticed since surgery……..I have a weird tingling feeling in the spot where my kidney used to be.  It is similar to the feeling when your hand or foot fall asleep, but on my insides….a little strange feeling.  Not sure if this will go away or not.  Also, my desire for sweets has almost disappeared.  For those of you who know me, you know that I have always had a major sweet tooth.  However, since surgery sweets do not sound good to me at all.   Before we left the hospital, Gary’s blood sugar jumped way up.  Gary and I joked that he got my “sweet kidney”.  Ha-ha!  I am sure my love for sweets will return someday!  Please continue to pray for Gary as he recovers!  Pray that his new kidney will continue functioning and his creatine level will go down! 
With all my heart I will praise the LORD.  Psalm 34:2


1 comment:

  1. WOW! I just told a friend yesterday that my LOVE for sweets is gone! I'm excited... I don't want that to return! LOL!

    ReplyDelete